There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sophie's World Blog Numero Tres


In the book Sophies World, Sophie's starts to lose her grip on reality and starts to question everything around her, what is real and what is not.  Once again, like in our in class discussions, the movies Fight Club, the Matrix, Source Code Ect.  this is another piece of media that asks this question.  At first when reading this book I thought that Sophie was perfectly sane and the philosopher was just a stalker.  But as I reading I began to think that Sohpie's World is not actually the real world, she just thinks its reality.  I am beginning to think that she is somehow in a world (almost like a dream) that is run by the philosopher, where he controls everything and has the power to change everything.  But I feel like Sophie is real, just trapped inside someone else's fantasy.  The only way that I can be sure of what is happening is to finish reading the book itself!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty deep man. It's always nice to find a good book like this. Oh, and good luck on your blog. I just started up myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a good new book to read. Looks like I'll be picking this up!

    ReplyDelete