There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sophies World Number 7


As the trimester comes to a close, I finally finished reading the book Sophies World.  But after reading this book I feel like it was overly complicated and some of the book took away from the topics it was trying to convey.   Though this method did make the book a little bit more interesting to read and most of the shenanigans corresponded with the philosophers being taught in that section of the book, I feel like it should have been left out.  I think the book would have been much better as a teaching tool districts if in each section it talked about a philosopher and then had a short story explaining his beliefs instead of a long twisted story with short breaks to teach about different philosophers.   All in all I did not really enjoy reading this book, and I learned more from the in class notes than I did in this book.  But that is just my opinion, and other people probably enjoyed the book and learned alot more from it compared to the note taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment